Assistant Financial Controller
A great opportunity for the role of Assistant Financial Controller has arisen within the Finance department at BRUSH Switchgear. This role will involve supporting the Financial Controller in all aspects of finance, providing accurate and meaningful information to drive business strategy and support key decisions of the Management Team. The role is also responsible for statutory reporting requirements, such as VAT submissions and audit inputs, as well as liaising closely with the Finance shared service and acting as an operations business partner.
- Responsible for the preparation of forecasts, monthly management accounts, journals, departmental overhead reporting and cost of sales reporting.
- Responsible for statutory reporting alongside group requirements, and leading shared service team in delivering Monthly VAT, Intrastat, EC sales and import/export records.
- Lead the quarterly review of VAT processes.
- Provide a key role in supporting internal and external auditors.
- Fixed asset audit and reconciliation responsibility.
- Responsibility for stock takes / PI stock counts and WIP reporting.
- Complete and distribute weekly cash, sales and orders information.
- Review of foreign exchange exposure and preparation of necessary forward contracts under Group guidance.
- Partner/lead the shared service centre, in the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations (including analysis and investigation of discrepancies).
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be CIMA or ACCA qualified or newly qualified. To succeed in this role the candidate will have previous experience of FX Risk Management, Audits, and VAT/EC Sales Accounting. You will also have advanced Excel skills, analytical skills, and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities