Area Business Development Manager Transformers
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Area Business Development Manager (Transformers) to join our team to generate and deliver sustainable growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of new and existing service accounts, product lines, delivery of site work as well as the promotion of products and services to new clients.
Please note that this role is predominantly remote working.
- To achieve or exceed orders, at budget contribution from a defined set of accounts or targets including actively pursuing new service clients.
- Developing and implementing the service sales strategies.
- Feeding the customers voice into product development processes.
- Contributing to the development of sales tools and promotional activity.
- Initiating and maintaining order intake and sales forecasts including, assisting in setting the priorities for the Tendering/Project management teams.
- Negotiating with customers, ensuring that margins are satisfactory, and that agreed and approved terms and conditions of contract are complied with.
- Contributing to promotional planning and representing Brush at industry events in a professional manner befitting a premium brand.
- Identification, implementation, and continuous management of invitation to tender applications (ITT’s) and online contractor and supplier management platforms.
- Identifying and assisting in the development of R&D projects.
- Managing the successful delivery of previously won projects through product knowledge and understanding. Including, producing all safety documentation, and planning activities.
- Assessing the capabilities of the team to develop them and ensure fit for tasks at hand.
- Continuously working to provide technical support to customers where required.
- Supporting colleagues with enquires and collaborate with other divisions of Brush where possible to generate higher revenue for the Brush Group.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge and understanding of the Transformers and Switchgear portfolio and market. You will have experience of delivering site works in a DNO / IDNO, commercial and industrial environment. You will also demonstrate experience of sales and marketing techniques including commercial risk mitigation. A HNC or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is desirable.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear, portable generating sets and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.
Here at BRUSH we are very proud to offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Private Pension
- Overnight/daily allowances (for certain roles)
- Company vehicle (for certain roles)
- Great development opportunities