We are recruiting for an Applications Manager to work within the Business Processes department at BRUSH Group, based in Ashby de la Zouch or our Loughborough office. The purpose of this role is to support one of the key Business Processes workstream by providing the appropriate level of leadership, governance, expertise with regards to Applications control and Applications Management.
- Taking ownership of the BRUSH Applications landscape.
- Creating a framework to document and mitigate Applications risks.
- Creating and owning a set of governance standards and business rules with regards to Business Applications.
- Driving the implementation and adhering to a suite of enablers to govern the Application workstream to enable processing, tracking and decision-making efficiencies.
- Driving the implementation and adhering to a suite of KPI to assess the Applications workstream performance and overall Business Processes performance.
- Driving the design of output metrics, scorecards, and dashboards.
- Monitoring and reporting team performance in line with agreed metrics.
- Supporting the development of technical solutions, in line with the BRUSH Policies.
- Supporting, and wherever required, to control project implementation cycles.
- Ensuring the business requests are assessed, registered, and processed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Driving the creation and validation of operating procedures to ensure compliance with Governance Standards.
- Monitoring the adherence to standards and supporting with budget activities.
- Working closely with the other Business Processes workstreams to successfully embed solution change requests.
- Providing knowledge transfer, training, and coaching to peers & team members.
- Collaborating with the Business partners to provide guidance, training and establish best practice with regards to Applications activities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree or equivalent
- Project management certification: PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent.
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Stakeholder engagement and management.
- Strong facilitation and Project Management skills.
- Woking effectively within both on-site and remote teams.
- Collaboratively solving complex problem.
- Driving effective decision making.
- Assessing and recommending appropriate solution for business requirements.
- Multi-tasking and prioritising in an ambiguous work environment.
- Managing upwards clearly articulating areas of support and concerns.
- Ability to plan and deliver to time & budget.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT strategy and infrastructure, information management and governance and IT Security.
- Good knowledge of master data management.
- Awareness of Lean Six-Sigma principles.
- Leading multi-cultural teams and remote teams.
- Solution implementation and solution management.
- Managing day to day operational and project tasks.
- Experience of leading change in an IT environment.
- Documenting processes and standard operating procedures.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.