We have a great opportunity for an Applications Engineer to join our Engineering department in Blackwood. The successful candidate will be responsible for proving technical support for the Engineering contract designers to produce Bills of Material and Electrical and Mechanical drawings for Manufacturing and Customers.
- Determining the appropriate ratings and performance requirements from Tendering Specification and check the equipment being supplied complies with the customers switchgear specifications.
- Ensuring the operational and performance requirements of the customers application are complied with by the appropriate HSS equipment.
- Issuing detailed Engineering Specifications for the Mechanical and Electrical Contract Designers, Manufacturing and Procurement departments for the Switchgear, and design complex relay protection and substation control schemes.
- Liaising directly with customers Engineers on all technical matters relating to the specific contract.
- Designing and producing internal software schemes where required to enable the overall scheme to function and provide technical assistance to Test Department when required.
- Assisting with manufacturing and quality investigations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified to HND/Degree level in an Electrical Engineering Discipline.
Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of Engineering drawings and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work under own initiative creating project plans, milestones and delivering on time.
- Commercial experience with knowledge of Switchgear products.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Detail oriented with the skill set to resolve problems.
- Ability to present data effectively.
- Problem solver with a methodical approach and an eye for detail.
About the Company
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.